Storage solutions

Tuesday, December 2, 2014
I purchased some clear containers from Wal-Mart and labeled them with chalkboard labels. The labels state the standard as well as the title of the contents. (As you can see, I am not yet finished with my labeling.) I love that I can quickly grab a box to give to a student that needs practice on a specific standard. The clear containers make it easy for me as well as the students to see what is inside. What do I use the containers for, you ask? R.T.I; Universal Access time; May-Do's; reteaching; assessing...the list goes on and on.The kids love having a CHOICE. Activities are engaging and there is buy-in with choice involved. Examples of some of the learning activities include: word building; kinetic sand; phonics stamps; fluency practice; writing tubs, etc. I also change out new containers each week according to the concepts being taught (ex. short u match up game, synonym game, etc.).

No comments